Monday, February 13, 2012

First Fundraiser Update and Upcoming Events

29 of these

stacks of boxes everywhere!
Strawberries for Swaziland:

I am so happy that I just have to share how great the first fundraising event went. I took orders for chocolate dipped strawberries for Valentine's Day and had a personal goal in mind for how many I would like to sell (20 dozen).

What is so great about all this is that God blew me away by sending more orders than I imagined. It's been a super busy, crazy few days of chocolate, berries, buying boxes, needing more chocolate, berries, and boxes. Then, more berries. And, more berries! What great problems to have!

Monday and Tuesday, James and kids have been delivering these goodies to friends all over, and I am so thankful for your support and encouragement! This money goes to help me purchase my plane ticket, which we estimate will cost around $2000. I'm thankful to be making a dent in that large sum.

Upcoming Events:
Alli and I are both looking forward to our African Fiesta, this coming Sunday after church. This will be a large, joint fundraiser. If you live anywhere near our area, you have to eat lunch, so why not come eat a home-cooked, delicious meal with friends, and support a great cause? Our menu is going to be awesome, and we have a wonderful couple of chefs who are donating their talent to make a great deal of the food. I really would love for you to experience it with us! You can find our event on Facebook and RSVP there ("African Fiesta").

We have been approached by several friends who would like to contribute by allowing us to share in the profit of their small businesses or to sell their handmade items. We will share details about those dates, items for sale, and locations soon - possibilities include a jewelry show, hand-knitted items, seasonal dessert items, and a painting party.

No comments:

Post a Comment